small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Almost Salsa


The weather has finally turned Summer!! And with the heat comes harvest. When I came home from work this week I found that I had about 15 ripe tomatos, 1 yellow bell pepper and a very small jalapeno. I kept trying to figure out what I could make for dinner to use up all that produce. Suddenly it dawned on me to make Salsa. Hubby loves Salsa, I love Salsa, everybody loves Salsa. So I made Salsa. It was pretty easy except for chopping the hot peppers really really little. And then not touching your eyes or mucous membranes for the rest of the day with the fingers that chopped those peppers. It will probably take all week to eat this batch of salsa and by then I will have enough more tomatos to make at least this much again. Hope we don't get sick of salsa by the end of the summer!!

The weekend went by fast. Of course I did not get all of the things done on my to-do list. Saturday was spent with my dear Scrappy Ladies at the vo-tech. We are supposed to work on quilting projects but Carol and I usually end up bringing knitting. I had both of the fronts of the girl baby sweater set done so I took the yarn to do the back. After getting about 5 rows done and ripping it all back out because I can't count when I am distracted, I got the back started. I managed to finish it Sunday and got the first sleeve started. Today I sewed the body together and finished the 1st sleeve. Since the yarn I used is a sock yarn that includes yarn to re-inforce the heels and toes, I used that yarn to sew the body together. What a nice seam with the slightly smaller guage yarn. Now I wish all yarn came like that. Now just 1 more sleeve, both button bands and the neck edging. Of course I still have to find a hat and booties to knit to go with the sweater then off to the recipient before her baby shower.

This week I had the opportunity to run up to Guthrie to the yarn store up there. It is the shop that has been around the longes. The name of the shop is "Sealed with a Kiss" It is run by a lady from my past in Lawton. I remember her but she has never acted like she remembers me!! I ended up buying 4 more balls of sock yarn. 2 of Opal, 1 solid 1 patterned. Then I had to have 2 more balls of Colinette Jitterbug!! I had a project in mind for the Jitterbug but I am going to shelve that and use it for socks. The reason for that is the book that I bought while I was there. I mentioned wanting the pattern for the Baby Suprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman. She graciously sold me "The Opinionated Knitter" (for 30$ of course!!). I thought I could just use the Jitterbug for the newborn size but once home I realized that she wrote the pattern for a yarn that knits up 6 stitches to the inch. Now this is not a pattern that you can just recalculate especially if you have never knit it before. So I searched the internet and found another variety of Colinette that should knit up with that guage and I will order some to try the Baby Suprize Jacket at another time.

Hubby and I went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix tonight. It was pretty good. Much better than the last movie. Now I am all ready for the book which arrives on Saturday. Of course I am in the City until Sunday cause I am on call. But once I get home I will hit the book with much ferocity. And no one better give the story away before I get to it myself. And no promises on what I will get done next weekend other than reading...................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have lots of tomatoes and jalapenos, but the rest of the gardens not producing. Had wet feet for too long.

I went to download the Dexter series and they wanted $24. Wasn't sure I would like it so didn't feel like paying that much.