small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Finally a Fix

I have been having trouble since day 1 with posting images here on blogger. It frustrated me to no end to have to deal with their method of choosing, placing and formatting images. The last post of my trip to the Wichita's just drove me over the edge. If I posted all large images the post would have gone on forever and eaten up a large amount of my free image availability. And when I posted small images you didn't seem to be able to click on them to open them up to the large size. It may have something to do with file size but I have played with that to no avail and have given up.

Well-In my email today was an invitation to Nikon's Picture Town photo storage site. I think it is available to anyone that has bought and registered a Nikon product such as my camera and/or my Nikon photoediting program. I can store at least 2000 images for free depending on their size and then if I need to I can pay for more storage. I have had this email several times and always questioned the need for another photo hosting site in my life. I already use Flickr & Snapfish for different reasons at different times. Heck I even still have an active account at Webshots but I never use it anymore.

Well-the light bulb came on this morning when I noticed that it talked about using Picture Town images on your blog, saving you from having to pay for file space for images. So I went ahead and signed up. I decided to see what would happen using it with Blogger. So I went ahead and uploaded all my pics from the hiking trip and started playing. I have now completely redid all the images in the previous posting. The upside-it is way easier to load my images now. And to place them where I want in the size I want. And then I can simply give a link to the larger photo stored on Picture Town. Giving everyone access if they wish to click on the link and see the photo the way it was intended. And now I will never go over my free limit at blogger-Whoppee!! The only downside is having to upload all my blogging images to PT but it really was easy and do-able. And also now my posts appear a little longer due to the links taking up space. I still have some playing around to do which may allow me to condense those a little but I just ran out of steam for this attempt. So go back and enjoy nicer pics of my hike in the post below and expect this form to appear in my posts from now on.

No comments: