small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Shout it From the Rooftops!!

I am so happy!! Happy, Happy, Happy!! AudryII is finally a FO and I can move onto other things. It only took a few days over 6 months to knit her, but I would not recommend to anyone to work that hard on such a big project. Cause at this point I am not sure I will ever knit another mitered square as long as I live. The final count for AudryII is 784 squares and she is a sveldt 60 X 74 inches. She weighs appox 1568g which means she is the equivilent of almost 16 pairs of socks!! In 6 months!! And I knit 6 actual pairs of socks in this time too!! Oh my-I guess I have kept the sock yarn ecomomy going single handedly for the last half year..
So here are some more pics to enjoy along with the links to see a bigger version if you want to see the detail a bit more. I am still experimenting with the pictures here on blogger. It is a comfort to know that other bloggers have had trouble with using their pics, so I don't feel like quite such a loser!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and will be warm and snuggly on chilly days.

Just noticed that you have the link to my old blog, not the new one.
Have fun in Nashville.
--Carol