small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

All This Potential...


Spring has sprung. It went from being a cold, wet, horrible, long winter straight into early summer here in Tennessee. We have been so hard at it, working out in the yard digging, planting, weeding, pruning, mowing and such. But in one of my pensive moments I stopped and looked all around me to see all the potential waiting to be realized later in the summer. So here is a photo tour of that moment, enjoy!!

future dandelion wine

a native grape hyacinth that will be the seed of many more to come fill in the area



ditto on the wild violets

these will someday be apples!!

and these, peaches

strawberries-yum!

and if we can keep the bunnies out of the garden these will be our sweet english peas

bell and hot peppers

tomatoes. Lots of tomatoes. Like about 15 varieties!!

Last but not least. The long awaited quilt. It is more done than it looks in this pic. 4 rows out of 11 put together. All the blocks done. So now the challenge is to make myself stay inside just enough to get at least a row put on a week. But I would love to make that 2 rows a week so I have a prayer of getting it totally finished before the end of the summer. Sorry the lighting isn't any better but I promise it is a beautiful quilt.

There is also 1 more thing that has a lot of potential to bring joy into my life. But I need to wait a bit longer to talk about it in it's full glory. And in a post of it's own. Cause it will deserve it. And I promise it will be worth waiting for. It has been for me. See ya next time




3 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

Ann, all soooo beautiful!

Jan said...

Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous Ann ... what an amazing camera you have, but I imagine you have a little something to do w/it as well :) The quilt is awesome! It's gonna be a real beauty :)

FredaB said...

Hi

what is the flower in the 3rd picture. The white with purple markings. You are going to have a beautiful yard when it all matures.
Worth waiting for.

Hugs

FredaB