I have not been able to post much because of work but I have been very busy on the side. I finished the first of my chain link socks and am ready to start the 2nd. They came out just a little too big and the colors are boring but I will still wear them with pride. The next pair I make out of this pattern I will try to find a little jazzier colors and taper the needle size as I go down the leg for a better fit.
I finally have pics of Maddie's sweater to match the green one I knit for Katie. I managed to attach the arms to the body today. There are still stitch holders everywhere and threads hanging off but the pictures give you the idea of the color. I am so much happier with this colorway than the green. I made Maddie's sweater the same size as Katie's but with a little more length in the body and arms. But to look at it right now I don't see any real difference-oh well. I think Katie's will be big on her and Maddie's should fit her better. Even with all their measurements I took over vacation it can still be hard to translate that to a work in progress.
I went and bought some sock blockers this weekend-not to block socks-bt to take better sock pictures. Lo and behold I found that having the blocker in the sock made it easier to Kitchener the toes!! I still can not do it without having the tutorial up from the Queen Kahuna site but once it's up I can do a mean Kitchener!!
The weather is still dismal and cold. I usually get my first daffodil blooming right on the 1st of March. I am not sure if that will happen this year but I will definitely be on the lookout for that first bright spot of spring!! The birds sure were busy today and at least that was cheerful right outside the window.