small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Packing For Paducah!!

It's finally the last day before hitting the road. Tomorrow morning I go pick up Jan in Midwest City and head out to Paducah. We are going thru Tulsa and plan on stopping to do some shopping. Then on as far as we feel like it and stopping for the night. Then on to the Kentucky Dam Village where we will stay for the quilt show. I have never been to the Paducah Quilt show and don't know what to expect but I am sure I will be pleasantly suprized. I will be taking lots of pictures of the girls-oh and the quilts. Plus shopping, shopping, shopping. Some people say that quilt shows don't have enough quilts lately but I am fine with more vendors!!

I only finished 2 projects this week. First of all I finally got the Horcrux socks finished. These were made with a pattern from my Six Sock Knit Along in about 3 weeks. I used Regia Bamboo color that I bought from Carol's Knit Studio back before Christmas on size 1 DPN's. The basic stitch count was 60 which was about right for the yarn and needles. They are short socks and hopefully perfect for the in between weather we get every spring. I am still not happy with my cast on for socks. I tried long tail for one sock and knitted on for the other. The long tail was slightly to tight around the top and the knitted on was kind of floppy. I will keep trying until I get it right.


My other project just took a day but I love it. It is too bad my husband can not focus the new camera well as the picture is not the best. Once again I cropped out my face!! I made the Hanging Vines necklace out of the lasted Bead & Button magazine. It took 4mm bicone crystals, size 6 seed beads & size 11 seed beads. If I were to make it again the size 11's would be delicas. The precise shape of them just makes things work out better especially when doing the peyote stitch bar. I wouldn't mind if the size 6's could be a little more regularly shaped too. The necklace is beautiful but it doesn't always want to lie flat on my neck but I love it overall. I want to make it in at least 1 more color combo. Maybe I will try another thread when stringing it to see if I get a firmer end product.
I started book #4 of the Outlander series. Jamie & Claire have been thru more trauma & tragedy than any 2 people could humanly survive and still they keep throwing each other down and having their way with each other. Drums of Autumn have Jamie & Claire in early America living on his Aunt's plantation. The story promises to have daughter Brianna jumping back in time to join them. I am taking my book with me to read on vacation but it remains to be seen how much I can read while visiting with my Lizzies and sipping wine on the porch of our cottages. Til next week-CrazyAnn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that you get to go to Loops. Since my last visit I've been getting emails about all the new yarns they've gotten in. I guess it's about time to go visit the kids again, so I can go to Loops for yarn and Umbertos for calzone.