small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Monday, April 2, 2007

Knitting up a Storm!!




















This was my fun project of the week. It is a fairly small washcloth called Garterlac which I found on a blog written by a guy knitter. Here is the link for the actual page that the PDF file is on.
http://criminyjickets.blogspot.com/2006/07/garterlac-dishcloth.html. I will also add his blog to my links list. This washcloth was easy although it took a lot of counting to get started and the washcloth never looks "right" until the very end. You just have to trust the pattern. I never found a single error in the pattern and never felt lost in the pattern once I started. I will be making others for myself but probably won't use this as my Marine washcloth as it is more time consuming. I will be testing it out myself this week to see if the smaller size is still good enough to get washed with.












My other knitting for the week was also productive. I got the sleeves onto the circular needles with the body. I have gotten about 1.5" more knitted. You can not see it well but I am knitting a cable between the raglan decreases. I think this is going to be a nice touch. The color on screen still screams out at me and I am not seeing that in the real thing. I probably wouldn't make another sweater out of this handdyed again but would definitely make one out of their plain alpaca. The sock is the April/May edition of the KAL called the "Last Horrucks"-a reference from the Harry Potter series. The pattern looks like lightening bolts. The yarn I am using is Regia Bamboo which is 40% woll, 45% bamboo and 15% acrylic. The pattern is very stretchy so I only had to cast on 60 stitches on size 1 needles. I am at the point in the pattern where I should be starting the heel but I think I may make the ribbing a little longer before starting that. These have been fun although you really have to count in the pattern section. I had to rip out more than once because I was not all that focused!!

My other projects did not get done this weekend. I went and finished buying the beads for my braclet but they did not have the thread it called for. I have some in my apartment in OKC so I will bring some home and work on it next weekend. I did not get my DH's birthday card made-I still need some supplies which I will try to pick up after work next week. I did get 4 tomatos planted, 3 peppers and some herbs. I did get alot of weeds pulled and got in good walks all 3 mornings.
I got a little read this week-work just got in the way!! Claire has just gone back to Scotland and met up with the older Jamie. She was overjoyed to find that he never remarried and they promptly reconsumated their union. She brought him pictures of their daughter thru time so he could see. Wonder what he thought of seeing photographes for the first time?

I am leaving you with this pic of DH and the cat sleeping the other night waiting for me to come to bed. I rarely get a good pic of DH but I get to see him like this alot!!

No comments: