small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Monday, December 3, 2007

New Love of my Life


Well our world has been turned upside down by a new little ball of fur. Meet Lexi, short for Lexus. She is about 3 months old and very very playful. After taking her to the vet today I bought her a few new toys to keep her occupied. Her favorite is this crinkle tent. She has 3 openings to dash thru and funny string things hanging inside to bat at. She jumps in the tent and waits until someone walks by and then jumps out and attacks them like we can't see her in there!! Our old cat Jack has taken to her so amazingly well. He watches her play and lets her come right up to him like she is going to attack him. But she stops short of full out attack. I wish I could understand cat dynamics because I would have bet that these two would have never gotten along. Jack has even started doing some playing himself which I could never never get him to do. I just hope we can keep both of them healthy and that Jack does not pass on his FeLv and FIV status. The vet seems optimistic that we can get her vaccinated fast enough to offer her protection against the Leukemia but possibly not the Aids.



This week was devoted to work, packing and just a little knitting. I did the practice spider last week and with those numbers more or less made a hat pattern. Or at least a plan. Today I finally finished up the actual spiders and now am trying to do the decreases at the top of the hat. Here is where I will have to play it by ear to keep it symmetrical and attractive. I do think she will like it although when I told her about it all she had to say was "YUCK"!! The yuck was for spiders not the hat. But she said she thought it would be cool to have a hat everyone runs from. This week I plan on starting a couple of earwarmers for Maddy also from sock yarn on hand. I will probably use cables from the new Barbara Walker I plan on buying this weekend!!




Well I am down to the very last month of my employment at Children's Hospital. Boy the emotions are changing almost daily. For 6 years I loved my job and it was only my husbands desire to move that made me set an end date. But as this year has progressed, policies at the hospital has made me ready to throw in the towel. But of course, as I have had to say goodbye to my favorite patients, I have had a harder time. I have had hugs, compliments, tears and joyous farewells all tugging at my heartstrings. This next couple of weeks there are more kids that I will be seeing for the last time and I think it will keep getting harder. Still seeing healthy kids when before they were not, makes it all worthwhile. I know that last day will be so difficult to walk away, from the kids, my co-workers, the docs and of course the thrill I get just scanning. But with new chapters come new adventures so we will be waiting for that next step in our lives. Hopefully it will not be a step off into the deep end!!!! Till next week, keep those needles busy and live well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.