small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Big Snow

Well, Christmas has come and past. Went by in a blur. But the peace and quiet of the post holiday has set in. And now winter has come a knockin at our door. So I hope you enjoy these pics as much as I have enjoyed the snow. And as much as Holly enjoyed the snow!! Daisy not so much. She took one step out the door and pee'd on the porch!! Such a woos dog..


Finished snowman

View across garden to neighbors house


Holly running with the frizbee

Not nearly as big as he looks!

Snow sculpture

No coffee here for awhile

Snow Globe snow gnome

View from our front porch




It is indeed rare for us to get this much snow. And such a nice snow it is. There must not have been any wind, because there are no real high drifts. It is great snowman snow but I have to admit it took me a little while to remember how to make a decent snowman. And then the sciatica kicked in and limited how big I could get this guy. But I may go back out after lunch and try for a bigger snow person!

I never did get a great pic of all my knitting projects that I finished up this Christmas. The tally ended up at 6 pairs of socks, 2 hats and 3 monkeys!! And everybody seemed to really appreciate and enjoy their gifts. I also gave away jars of black walnuts I had gathered, husked and shelled and those went over extremely well. And of course..biscotti. I made my usual cranberry pistachio, a decent brownie/black walnut and then I invented a double orange. I dried several cans of mandarin oranges in my food dehydrator and then snipped them up small and added them, along with orange peel to a basic vanilla biscotti. They were simply amazing. Drying oranges is a slow tedious process but was well worth the effort.

Spring is right around the corner, despite this posting being all about snow. So much going on around here at the homestead to get ready. We have our chicken coop plans all ready as well as some of the lumber on hand. We have picked Buff Orpingtons as our first breed and will buy them after the coop is in place. The seed and plant catalogs have all arrived and we are starting to place orders. So I am sure I will have plenty to post about in the next few months. Everybody take care, enjoy what ever weather God has given you. And stay warm!!

No comments: