small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cute as a Button

The snow is still here, after an entire week. But it is starting to recede in all but the most shady spots. I have to say, if you are going to have a good snowstorm, this one was the one to have. It was lovely to look at, lovely to play in and lovely to be able to not have to get out into it. But now, no more real snow this winter, OK?




This pic was one I got the other night as the clouds finally decided to part and let the last rays of sun peek thru for the day. What a beautiful sunset it was. I did nothing to this picture after I got it off the camera. So the colors are pretty true to what my own eyes did see.

Next, on to more important things. Cute, cute, cute baby knitting. I learned thru Facebook a few months ago that a good friend and former coworker was going to become a daddy for the first time. So I just had to make the family something. Trouble is, he told me the baby was set to arrive in February. And he is a doctor so he should have been trustworthy on the facts. But to prove everybody wrong, Ibrahaim was born in very early January. Before I even had yarn!! I had my heart set on a Baby Suprize Jacket project but found that the selection of yarn in sport weight was pretty slim pickin's. But this pattern, Baby Garter Stitch Kimono was free thru Ravelry and I was able to find some really nice yarn to make it work. The jacket was knit exactly according to the pattern. When done, I found I had very little of the grey yarn left to do anything with. So the hat was something I kinda designed myself to make the most of the yarn left. Off the head, the stripes kind of bunch up. But once the baby has it on its head, the stripes are alot more noticable. The booties are the combination of several patterns. When done I had only about 5 grams of grey yarn left over. If I ever decided to make this in a 6 month or up size, I would need to buy a second skein of the main color yarn.















So now I am finishing up with sock #2 of a set I put down to work on Christmas knitting. I am at the heel turn and I am trying out a new version of a short row heel. As I seem to be on the eternal search for the perfect short row heel. I think I am getting pretty close...........

3 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

Adorable!

Debbie said...

Cute, cute, cute and the gray and red are perfect for a little boy!

Jan said...

Oh Ann, that is one adorable little ensemble!!! Hope you get a picture of the new little one wearing it; and what gorgeous snow!!! Tks so much for sharing ... a real treat for this SFL transplant gal. Hugs to you :)