small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Its A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood


It's a bright and beautiful day after almost 2 weeks of bad weather. I was so glad to be able to get out and walk for over an hour. My lungs were just so ready to drink in that fresh air albeit cold as it was. Last night I was able to finish up sock #1 of my Happy Socks knit with the Luna yarn. I wished I would have made the ribbing with a few more stitches around (80 instead of 72) and made the ribbing 1 1/2" instead of 1" but they do still fit and will loosen up as I wear them. I love the fact that they are plain sockinette stitch the whole way. The only thing I have yet to find out is if they bag when they are just SS. Even so I will love them very much. I must get the 2nd one knit this next week so I can start the new sock on the Six Socks KAL that I joined on Yahoo Groups. I am starting a month late so I will need to catch up with the rest of them. I also want to start the hoodie for DGD#1. The other hoodie also got finished last night but is in the drying process on the blocking board and not in the bet light for picture taking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the sock. You knit so much faster than I do. I haven't made any more progress on my chain links. But I do have several projects going at the same time.