small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Monday, January 15, 2007

It's Melting!! It's Melting!!





It's the day after the great ice storm of 2007. The sun is out, the birds are active again and best of all the ice is melting! I actually went outside today and took a few pics but they never seem to turn out as pretty as to the naked eye. It is still quite cold but the warm of the sun makes it seem so much warmer and all the hard surfaces will soon be melted clear and ready for the workweek driving


I won't have any new pics of my current projects today so I thought I would revisit some recent work, especially since it involves my beautiful granddaughters. For Christmas 2006 we drove clear to Jacksonville NC to be with them over the Holidays. I knitted them both hoodies from the free Lion Brand Yarn web site with Encore wool/acrylic blend worsted weight yarn. I gave them to them as soon as we got there because I knew they would get lost in the shuffle Christmas morning. DGD#1 loved hers but DGD#2 kind of tossed hers aside as if "I will never wear that" She is the picky one and I knew that but I keep trying!! The next day we went to the beach and I convinced them both to wear their sweaters at least for a few pictures. Their mommy did get some nice ones of the beach, the girls and of course their sweaters. And best of all I seemed to have converted DGD#2 into a handknit sweater wearer as she gave me orders to knit her up another one while we were there. I guess she still doesn't fathom the work that goes into them!!







































No comments: