small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Greensleeves













I have sleeves!! It only took 3 tries but finally I have 2 sleeves that fit nicely and are ready to attach to the body that is yet unknit. I plan on doing a plain raglan body but when I do the decreases I may try to work in a cable. The neck will still be ballet style but that depends alot on how far my yarn goes. I should be able to cast on for the body this week. I also made another washcloth this week. I have started making girly colors although what is on the needles now is about as masculine as any I have made. I have not sent any off lately as DSIL is close to coming home. I will either pick someone to send them to off of anysoldier.com or wait until he is redeployed which will be very very soon-less than a month. I also worked a little on the chain link socks but did not get as far as I would have liked. I bet I can get them done this week which is good since the new KAL is just around the corner. They are calling for any sock yarn, even variegated and I am itching to try my Bamboo yarn. I only made 2 freindship star blocks as my sewing machine is acting up and is going to go back to the dealer again to be worked on.

The weather has been good but my walking has had to be curtailed a little. My sciatica is really acting up. About as bad as it has ever been. Thank goodness I am not trying to walk the OKC marathon this year as I would be wanting to be pushing it about this time to be ready. Everything is in bloom and I even cut flowers to bring in the house today. I have daffodils, snowdrops, asparagus, redbud and Bradford pear trees in full force and most of my perrenials showing lots of green. The birds are really active building nests and mating like crazy. Jack the cat is wanting to be outside alot more and we have to call him in at night or he would stay out a lot longer.


I am in the middle of the 2nd book to the Outlander series. The peices of the story are coming togeather and I eagerly await my reading time after work each evening. I even got the 3rd book bought since I had an additional 25% off coupon that was about to expire. So until next week folks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely sleeves.
Happy Birthday on Tuesday.