small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Monday, May 7, 2007

New Projects

It has been a boring busy week for me. It was the first week back at work after my great trip to Paducah and there were lots of changes that happened while I was gone. Lots of politics and other things that just get in the way of good patient care but we have to deal with nontheless.
It was cloudy and threatened rain all week. The sun finally came out on Sunday night for a little while before it rained all night. My garden is looking good but my yard sucks!! I finally got weed and feed down today. I am afraid it will not work and the weeds will just finish off the burmuda-or it will work and all the weeds will die and leave the sparse burmuda looking sick and lonely!! I did get a few pics made of my first perennial blooms of the year but the lighting was not the best since the clouds came right back after a short stint of sun this morning. The veggies and herbs are doing great and we are looking forward to our first harvests in about a month.
I have 2 projects in the works. I made one sock while in Paducah with Opal yarn. Just a simple Knit5, Purl 1 leg and upper foot. I am past the heel on the second sock now and should be able to finish this week. I probably won't get to wear them again until winter as these are good heavy socks but I can go in the closet from time to time and admire my work until fall!!


My 2nd project is the shawl made from my Tulsa Loops yarn. This is Claudia Handpaint fingering weight yarn in the Hyacinth color way. The pattern is from Victorian Lace Today. It is a rectangular shawl with knitted on borders. All this is new for me but so far so good. The body of the shawl is a simple 8 row, 6 stitch repeat from a chart. I have had to frog from time to time as sometimes my yo's don't behave but nothing to bad. Now the border chart looks ominous along with the fact that you join the border as you go to the body of the shawl. We will see but I am sure I will make it work somehow.

Other than that I have been busy trying to get things ready for the kids birthdays. Brooke is taken care of as far as buying her gift. I did not get her card made so I will be late sending it out. I got Dans card ready with a check and it will also be slightly late getting to him. He called the other night but Ken was on the phone so all we got was a message. He promised to call back tonight but no cookie for us!! I am still not great at card making but I am getting better. It doesn't cost more than $10.00 now to put out a card!!

I am almost done with Drums of Autumn. Brianna, Claire & Jamie's daughter, jumped thru the stones and arrived in Scotland. She found her way to the ancestral home and found her parents were in America so she travelled there. Then the love of her life followed and Roger has had as many adventures as the Frasers. I have bought the last book and will probably get to start it this week. Unfortunately I found several other books I need to buy as soon as I am done with this series. I keep wanting to run out of books so I can get more knitting time in. I guess challenging my mind in several modalities will keep me from developing Alzheimers any sooner!! Till next week....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to burst your bubble but after Drums of Autumn there are two more books and another in the works. :-)

I wish our garden was doing well. We've had so much rain our garden looks like a swimming pool. The soil can't hold anymore water and it just stands around.