small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

And now-Our newest family member!!

Some of you already know about our newest addition, Holly. I first saw Holly a few days before Christmas. I swear I saw a car dump her off in front of the church right on the main street in the center of our tiny town. She followed me a bit and then got distracted by some other dogs and I went along home, releived to not have to deal with a new dog right before leaving for the holidays. But 6 days later, while on a walk, she showed up at our feet and went on the entire 5 mile walk with us. So I felt like she was meant to be our new dog. I still had to get Daisy's approval as head dog of the household.



Daisy was in love!! She took to Holly right away. Played her into the ground the first day out. 2nd day was a bit touchier. Daisy was tired from the previous day and wasn't sure she liked having another dog touch her bones and toys. But they seemed to establish their boundaries without too much difficulty so that by day 3 they were back to playing all the time.



Miss Holly got her name pretty quickly. My sister-in-law names all her pets flower names. Such as Magnolia, Rosebud, Camelia, ect. Ken immediately said that the new dog has to have another flower name to match Daisy. The list wasn't that long but DH decided that Holly, short for Hollyhock would suite her just fine since we found her right around Christmas. I was all for using Aster but it was obvious that I was not going to win that one.

She does seem to be pretty smart. Not as smart as Daisy. No dog is. But she is certainly above average. She has already learned to not go in our bedroom which is a kitty cat refuge until they soften up about the new invader. She knows that come time for bed that she sleeps in the garage and does so without too much difficulty. We have taught her to sit but stay is not working at all. She just wants to be with us too much. There have been just a few potty accidents, 1 of each kind, and luckily we caught her doing it and gave her holy hell. She knew she messed up and hasn't done either since.

She has this cute habit of sleeping with both of her long ears pointing straight up. With her long pointy nose(product of collie somewhere along the bloodlines?), she ends up having a rather windblown look to her when snoozing. Alot like the look of a dog sticking its head out the window of a moving car!!

2 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

Holly looks like a really good match for Daisy.

Jan said...

What a pretty girl Holly is! She looks so much like our Marshall (furbaby from many moons ago), except he was brown and white ... he was part Brittiany Spaniel and part Lab. Love the fact that her and Daisy hit it off so well :)