small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Monday, June 11, 2007

All Quiet on the Western Front

Ah-Life is beautiful when all is calm and quiet. Lots of time to knit, sew, sleep, eat.... I did all of these over the weekend probably to excess. I did get a fair bit of knitting done on my shawl and can happily say I have overcome the problems I was having last week with the border. In fact I have finished rounding the corner after the first long side. And it looks good!! I did not get any pics made tho but promise to get some next weekend after I turn the 2nd corner and have the entire end done. I started the Victorian Lace socks on my KAL. I have about 3" done on the cuff and they look like they will fit OK. I am making them out of a brown tweedy ball of Trekking XXL that I bought at Christmas in a yarn shop in Jacksonville NC. It was one of those default purchases although this store almost didn't even warrent buying anything at all. But now I think I really like the yarn although brown wouldn't be my first choice for lacy socks. But sometimes you just gotta start a pair of socks and you use what ya got!! So far there are no new techniques involved, top down, heel flap but the toes are short row and I will attempt to do what the pattern calls for. I noticed many of the posters on the KAL gave up and did the more traditional toes.

And now for the activity going on in my sewing room!! I received my fabric from eQuilter.com for Maddie's PJ's. The color choices were exactly like what I saw on the computer monitor so I was happy about that. I got the fabric washed and cut out Saturday night. Sunday I made the top and it went perfectly. I cut out the pants and heres where things got sticky!! I planned on making one leg green polka dots and the other leg yellow polka dots. But somehow I cut it out so that from the front each leg is the different color but from the back it is the opposite. So each leg is 2 different colors. Not a big deal but why of why can I not think these things thru more and get it right? I tried, I honestly did but it always seems to backfire on me. I am sure Maddie will love them anyway. Hopefully I will get hers done next weekend and off to them in the mail.

DH has gotten me into watching a show he has on CD called "Dexter" It was originally a Showtime series about a serial killer who kills serial killers!! What a concept!! But except for the short times when I have to close my eyes to the violence it is a great show. It is so well written and very very quirky. And the violence is not in your face at all. I have only watched 3 episodes but will be watching more soon.

I have been so patiently waiting for my tomatos to ripen and finally I am seeing a little bit of pinky orange in the cherry tomatos. But darn if something is not trying to eat them before me. So I sprayed with an organice pesticide and hopefully I will have some to eat come next weekend when I get home. I picked 3 real nice anaheim peppers yesterday and will be making some black bean soup next Saturday to use them up.



Well thats it for the week. Not too exciting I know but you never know what tomorrow will bring. Hopefully as much peace and happiness as I had this prior week......

No comments: