small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Monday, June 4, 2007

Knit in haste-Rip in leisure!!

Where is it said that if I knit something I will have to rip it out? Over and over sometimes. I can't remember a single project where I just knit from start to finish even when closely following a pattern. So what did I rip this week? Well my shawl for one. I had to rip out all the edging I had already done. And then take out 8 repeats from the main body. Why you ask did I have to do something so drastic. For one I was still going to run out of yarn before I was finished so it necessitated making a major adjustment. Second of all I did not match the border stitches as well to the edge stitches of the body so the corners were coming out all crazy. Now I am back into the border, carefully checking each repeat to make sure I am matching 1 to 1 and headed for the corner. I will still have to do some adjusting because I only took out 1/2 of a border repeats worth of rows instead of a whole repeat like I would have liked. But time will tell if this was the last frog stitching I will have to do on this project-God I hope so!!

I will also be taking out my toe up socks. I just do not like the pattern I chose and the socks were going to be so short on my legs. So the yarn will become the body of a baby sweater once I buy some matching solid yarn to go with it and some sweet baby girl will be the recipient of a beautiful sweater set.

I managed to get a whole pair of pj's done for Katie although I did not get Maddie's done. I ended up without enough fabric so I went on line and looked for some more of the same fabric. None was to be found so I started with a fresh slate and ordered some to be here by next weekend. Then I can whip up Maddies and send them off to the girls.

The weather has been ever so rainy and the back yard is a swamp. But the garden is all in raised beds so they are plenty dry and doing well. I can not beleive how many green tomatos are on the vines but none of them are the slightest bit red yet. I have to usable green peppers but they look so pretty I hate to harvest them yet!! I had to buy a 3rd kind of basil to put in since I am using quite a bit each weekend that just 2 plants could not keep up. Next year I will start with at least 4 kinds. The butterflies have been everywhere and I have gotten a few decent pics of them. I bought a new digital SLR camera book this week to get some more insight on taking better pics but so far I have not put out that magic picture yet!!

I finished book 5 of the "Outlander' series and I am onto book 6. At this point Roger has decided that they are there in the past to stay and Brianna may be trying to have another child. I will be sad to have this series end but Diana Gabaldon is supposedly writing another sequel but I have no idea of how far out it is. Of course Harry is right around the corner to satiate my reading adventure spirit!!

No comments: