small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Knit Until it Hurts


This was a productive week for me. I managed to work all week, no sick days. I finished the 1st of my Victorian Lace socks from the KAL. I made it all the way around the 3rd corner on my shawl and last but not least I started a baby sweater out of the new yarn I bought at the new yarn store in Norman. I was on call this weekend which gave me extra time with nothing to do so I knit and knit and knit. But lately anytime I sit down to knit my shoulders and neck seize up on me almost right away and I can only knit for a few minutes. I am starting to beleive that it has to do with holding my upper arms, neck and shoulders to still and tight so I am making a concerted effort to stay loose and move around alot while I am actively knitting. With my shawl it isn't to hard since I have to stop after each row and move the marker on the graph since the pattern is so complicated. But when I am doing mindless knitting I have to make myself stop and roll my shoulders and relax my neck every couple of rows.

The yarn I am making the baby sweater out of is one I have been dying to get to use for some time. It is Colinette Jitterbug hand dyed especially for socks. It is Merino Superwash and it has the nicest feel to the yarn. I bought 2 colorways to put togeather in one sweater. The main color is a deep blue with lots of other blues and a nice maroon running thru. It is not going to stripe out but just be a random placement of color thruout the blue. The contrasting color is a very subtle hand dyed maroon and really brings out the little bit of maroon in the main yarn. I am making "Devin" out of Knitty which is a little V neck cardigan with the fronts being the main color with the button band and the hem out of the contrasting color. The sleeves are the main color and the back is the contrasting color with either a band or block of the main color knit in by intarsia. Then I plan on making a hat out of whatever yarn I have left. It will be really cute on a little boy. I plan on giving this set to the Peds ICU doc who is having a baby later this fall.

I talked to the granddaughters today and they had gotten their PJ's in the mail this week. They both said they fit and that they liked them. I would love to think I could get pictures of them wearing them but DD & DSIL have not been coming thru on that front.

It is still raining almost every day. And they predict it to continue most of the week. The garden is hanging in there mostly because my garden beds are raised and drain well. Now the grass in my yard is another story. I should have planted rice instead!!

I finished reading the entire series Outlander this weekend. I did enjoy it but the last few chapters of the last book seemed rushed. Almost like she was not writing another volume. But my best friend swears she is so I have to trust her. Meanwhile I will lie low on the reading until Harry comes out. But that didn't stop me from buying a book anyway. I bought a book I will use for my CQ(when I get back to it). It is called the "Beaded Garden". It has some very nice free form beaded flowers that can be used for jewerly or to embellish my crazy quilts.
So this is the scoop for the week. Hopefully this time next weekend will see my shawl on the blocking board, my second Victorian lace sock started, one of the fronts to the baby sweater done, my skirt finished and maybe even worn. Anything else will be gravy, if only my neck and shoulders will hold out.......

No comments: