small sample of my crazy quilt embroidery

About Me

I am a consumate crafter. I knit, quilt both sane and crazy, scrapbook, bead, mosaics and any other thing I can think of along the way. Someday I also hope to do real glass jewelery and stained glass but those have to wait until I have room and more time.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ordinary Day

We all need one of those once in awhile. Just slow, laid back and no demands. Well except to get to Maddy's school by 1 to see her in a little play that her class was putting on.
We started out this morning by chasing one of the dogs pretty much all over the neighborhood. Maddy kind of on purpose let Cooper out the front door about 10 minutes before we should have left to walk to school. And of course he ran off and did not want to come back. It is amazing how fast a grandchild can help you remember how lousy your parenting skills were. I was frustrated with Cooper and ended up frustrated with Maddy too. And she, being the tender hearted kid that she is, cried enough to break my heart. I thought back to the millions of times I would have done the same thing with her mommy and her uncle and just expected them to take it. But when it is your grandchild you feel bad that you hurt their feelings. Kind of makes you want to be able to go back and re-raise your kids. Well maybe not, but an apology might be in order..


Then I opted for a nice walk on some of the paths thru the nearby neighborhoods. The paths are nice, flat and shady and look very innocent. But in actuality they are a hot bed of tick activity and I managed to bring home about 7 or 8. 4 were very attached and the tics had already feasted well in just the few minutes it took me to get home. So anymore walking will involve alot more bug repellent and a shower as soon as I get home.


Maddy's play was short but very cute. It was about the human body, mostly about how the body protects itself from things that can make you sick. Maddy played a virus and did her part very well. She sang out nicely and did all her gestures that went with the part. She is kind of a ham unless I am the one holding the camera.


We went and bought a few groceries and made dinner. They did eat my cheeseburgers, salad and ice cream. Tomorrow they want to go to Golden Corral-yuck..........but we will go if that is what they really want.


Then Katie started drawing dinosaurs on the front driveway. And then dinosaur skeletons!! I am really glad a few of these pics turned out well. Such a memory of 2 of her favorite things at once, dinosaurs and drawing!!

I am so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open so I am not going to fight nature and go crawl in bed with the 2 dogs.

No comments: